Pages

Sunday 10 August 2014

Summer Beauty Favourites


I cannot believe how quickly July went, but one thing I can't fault is how awesome the British weather had been throughout that month. But what comes with a lot of sun, comes a lot of humidity and sweaty days meaning that a full face of make-up is no longer possible even if you wanted to and you're slapping on the SPF instead. It's safe to say that through July, my favourites were slightly weather orientated. Here we go...

Clarins BB Cream | 01 Light
So this little miracle has been a favourite of mine for well over a year now. It's lightweight formula somehow manages to provide a light/medium coverage and hydrates the skin at the same time. When wearing this, I don't even feel like I have any make-up on at all. The other great thing about it, especially in this weather, is the SPF factor. With an SPF 25, this little wonder has come in handy throughout the day in the scorching heat, especially since I don't always use a moisturiser with an SPF.

Bourjois Blush | 41 Healthy Mix
Ahhhh, my go-to blush this summer. Such a gorgeous colour. It adds such a natural healthy flush of colour to your face. It takes a little while to build up the colour, but I love how natural it looks. For someone who isn't a massive blush lover, I've thoroughly enjoyed using this.

Ted Baker Illuminator | Pearly Pink
Before I started watching beauty YouTube videos, I'd never really bothered using highlighters, but seeing the affect they give to your skin, I couldn't resist trying some. This so far, is by far my favourite. I had this in a big Ted Baker set from Boots around Christmas time and have only started using it in the last couple of months. It adds such a lovely glowy finish to my skin, love it. I can't seem to find it anywhere to buy apart from Ebay as it was part of a package from Boots around Christmas time.

EOS Lip Balm | Strawberry Sorbet
This stuff has been my saviour this summer. Firstly, the smell is absolutely amazing! I could literally keep applying the stuff all day, just for the smell. I love the packaging and how quirky and cool it is. It's so easy to apply and keeps my lips hydrated. I especially loved using it on holidays in the super warm weather after being out in the sun all day. Love love love.

Maybelline Baby Lips | Pink Punch
So it seems that these days, I reach for a tinted lip balm as opposed to a lipstick. I don't know if it's because I'm not a huge fan of lip glosses but want the sheen, or if it's because I like how moisturised my lips feel. I'd probably say its a little bit of both.. This particular colour has been my favourite this summer. You can never go wrong with a nice pale-ish pink.

What are your summer beauty favourites?

No comments:

Post a Comment